Product Name: Spearmint
Botanical Name : Mentha Spicata
Product Forms: Whole Leaves – Crushed
Health benefits of Spearmint
- Spearmint is pleasantly aromatic herb packed with numerous health benefiting vitamins, antioxidants and phyto-nutrients.
- The leaves and herb parts contain essential oil, menthol. Unlike in peppermint, spearmint leaves composes only small amounts of menthol, 0.5% compared to the 40% in peppermint. Less menthol content would make this herb least pungent and subtly fragrant herb in the mint family.
- The herb has low calories (about 43 calories per 100 g) and contains zero cholesterol.
- The chief essential oil in spearmint is menthol. Other important chemical components of spearmint areα-pinene, β-pinene, carvone, cineole, linalool, limonene, myrcene and caryophyllene. These compounds in mint help relieve fatigue and stress.
- Further, the herb is also rich in many antioxidant vitamins, including vitamin A (provides 4054 IU or 135% of RDA), beta-carotene, vitamin C, folates (26% of RDA), vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine), riboflavin and thiamin.
Season Crop: Available from April till September
Availability time: All over the Year
Packing: In Polypropylene bag, weight depend upon form type