Product Name: Lemon grass
Botanical Name : Cymbopogon citratus
Product Forms: Lemon grass cut (size as request ) Lemon grass T.B.C- Lemon grass Powder. Lemon grass Fine Cut.
Health benefits of Lemon grass
- Lemongrass, one of the most common flavors in Thai and Vietnamese cooking, has many potential health benefits including lowering your cholesterol and preventing cancer. Traditional medicine from around the world has used lemongrass to treat diarrhea and relieve fevers. It's a thick, woody grass with a slightly sour lemon flavor. You can use lemongrass to brew tea or add it to curries, soups, stews and sauces.
- Lemongrass contains antioxidants, flavonoids and phenolic compounds such as luteolin, glycosides, quercetin, kaempferol, elimicin, catecol, chlorogenic acid, and caffeic acid, all of which help in providing an impressive range of medicinal aids. The main component of lemongrass is lemonal or citral, which has anti-fungal and antimicrobial qualities, while also providing a distinct lemony smell.
- Other Uses Of Lemongrass
- Lemongrass is used in the manufacturing of perfumes, deodorants, polishes, candles and waxes. It is also used to add fragrance to soaps and cosmetic products.
- It is used to lure and attract honey bees for various commercial purposes.
- The health benefits of lemongrass include relief from stomach disorders, insomnia, respiratory disorders, fever, aches, infections, rheumatism and edema. The defensive antioxidant activity of the lemongrass herb protects against antibiotic-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and helps in maintaining optimum cholesterol levels, cellular health, nervous system, healthy skin and immune system. It is also effective in treating type 2 diabetes, cancer, and obesity, while also aiding in detoxification. It is extensively used in aromatherapy and helps to combat fatigue, anxiety and body odor.
Season: Available all the Year
Packing: in polypropylene bag, weight depend upon form type.